Each year Softball Alberta strives to honor our most accomplished members. We proudly present annual awards to players, coaches, umpires or volunteers, thereby showing our appreciation for their contributions to the sport of softball. The criteria for these awards is available below.
ATHLETE/COACH/OFFICIAL AWARDS CRITERIA
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of Alberta as per the Residency Rule in the Softball Alberta Handbook.
- Candidate must be a registered member of Softball Alberta in the current year.
- Candidate must have participated in either a Zone or Provincial Playoff as a member in the current year.
- Candidate must be registered in the category of which they have been nominated. (i.e. Minor for Minor award etc..)
- Candidates will be judged on their accomplishments of the current year, sportsmanship, and their contributions to the sport of softball in Alberta.
- Successful candidates will be announced at the September Board Meeting, and awards will be presented at the Annual Awards Banquet in October.
** Nominations for athlete, coach & umpire awards must be completed by September 7th and sent via email to Softball Alberta (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MERIT AWARD CRITERIA
- Candidates must have dedicated many hours of their volunteer time to foster the sport of Softball in Alberta, primarily for softball in their own zone.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years of service with Softball in Alberta but do not have to be registered participants.
- Each zone could select up to 3 Merit Award nominations per year – based on the overall numbers from the other zones (up to 8 province wide) and nominations must be submitted to the Softball Alberta office by September 7th of the current year for review and selection.
- Successful candidates will be announced at the September Board Meeting.
** Nominations for Merit Awards must be completed by September 7th and sent via email to the email@example.com for review and selection.
Softball Alberta reserves the right to refuse any incomplete applications and does not have to issue an award
in a category where no sufficient application was received.